How do I get a veteran's marker for my grave?

If a veteran has deceased and is buried in Mountain View Cemetery, they may be eligible to obtain a foot marker from the Department of Veteran Affairs. The eligibility requirements are determined by the VA, not by Cemetery staff. In order to apply for a veteran's foot marker, the deceased veteran's family must complete the VA Form 40-1330 and provide a copy of the veteran's discharge papers to the Cemetery Office. Cemetery staff will fax the application to the VA. If it is approved, the marker will be delivered to the Cemetery and installed free of charge by our staff. Once the foot marker is installed, the next-of-kin who completed the application will be contacted. 

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a flag placed on a veteran's grave for Memorial Day at Mountain View Cemetery?
2. How do I get a veteran's marker for my grave?
3. How many burials are allowed in a lot?
4. Why have my flowers been removed from my lot?
5. Can cremated remains be buried in the container provided by the crematory?
6. What are the hours of operation for the Cemetery?
7. Are burials permitted in the wintertime?
8. What monuments can be installed on my lot?
9. Who pays the burial fees and what are these fees used for?
10. Are dogs allowed in the cemetery?