In order to be on the Drain layer’s list, licensed by the Town of Shrewsbury, registered plumbers and competent contractors must submit the following to the Water & Sewer Division:
- Either a completed New Drain Layer Application or a Renewal Application found here
- Bond stating Water, Sewer or Drainage Work in the amount of $5,000.00
- Certificate of Insurance, Nio less thank $1,000,000 Public Liability and Property Damage Each
- Licenses Fee: $50.00 for the calendar year
- Three Letter’s of recommendation (required for New Drain Layer applications)
Note: The Certificate of Insurance must run for the entire calendar year. If the applicant’s policy does not run from January to January the Water and Sewer Division will require a letter from the applicant’s insurance company indicating that coverage will renew when the policy expires or notify the Town in advance that they are not renewing it.