How do I become a drain layer?

In order to be on the Drain layer’s list, licensed by the Town of Shrewsbury, registered plumbers and competent contractors must submit the following to the Water & Sewer Division:

  1. Either a completed New Drain Layer Application or a Renewal Application found here
  2. Bond stating Water, Sewer or Drainage Work in the amount of $5,000.00
  3. Certificate of Insurance, Nio less thank $1,000,000 Public Liability and Property Damage Each
  4. Licenses Fee: $50.00 for the calendar year
  5. Three Letter’s of recommendation (required for New Drain Layer applications)

Note:  The Certificate of Insurance must run for the entire calendar year.  If the applicant’s policy does not run from January to January the Water and Sewer Division will require a letter from the applicant’s insurance company indicating that coverage will renew when the policy expires or notify the Town in advance that they are not renewing it.

Show All Answers

1. When is a Permit Required?
2. What if I start work without a permit?
3. Will my existing login for permits work?
4. Will my prior request be viewable in the new system?
5. How do I access the new system?
6. Will I need a different password for the DPW page than the permits page?
7. What if I have forgotten my password?
8. What if I have difficulty using a computer?
9. Will I need to submit or attach supporting documentation?
10. Where do I find a Licensed drain layer?
11. How do I become a drain layer?