What if I start work without a permit?


A penalty permit shall be issued to any individual commencing work prior to obtaining a Trench/Street Permit. The fee for this permit shall increase to $1000.00.  The applicant will also be in violations of OSHA regulations and subject to additional fines.


As per Commonwealth law, all work done on any connection to the public water or sewer system requires a permit prior to commencing work.  Please be advised that conducting work without a permit is grounds for the revocation of the Drain Layers License. Please call the Water & Sewer Division at 508-841-8502, prompt 3 and complete a permit application to request a Water/Sewer Connection Permit.  Please visit the following link for instructions on submitting a permit online.  How to Apply for a Water/Sewer Permit with ViewPermit

Show All Answers

1. When is a Permit Required?
2. What if I start work without a permit?
3. Will my existing login for permits work?
4. Will my prior request be viewable in the new system?
5. How do I access the new system?
6. Will I need a different password for the DPW page than the permits page?
7. What if I have forgotten my password?
8. What if I have difficulty using a computer?
9. Will I need to submit or attach supporting documentation?
10. Where do I find a Licensed drain layer?
11. How do I become a drain layer?