Shrewsbury Municipal Climate Action & Resiliency Plan
- Kim Lundgren from KLA, the Town’s consultant for the development of the Municipal Climate Action Plan, presented the final version of the Plan to the Select Board.
The full plan can be viewed on the project page www.shrewsburyma.gov/allinshrewsbury and the full presentation can be found on the Shrewsbury Media Connection YouTube Channel.
Solid Waste & Recycling Program Updates FY25 - FY30
- Keith Baldinger, Assistant Town Manager - Operations, gave an overview on the new Solid Waste and Recycling Contract with Casella, beginning in Fiscal Year 2025 through Fiscal Year 2030. This is a change from Waste Management who is the current hauler.
Some program enhancement that will start in July include single stream recycling on a weekly basis and free recycling carts for all curbside customers.
The full presentation can be found on the Shrewsbury Media Connection Youtube channel.
FY25 Revenue Manual & Financial Policies
- Alex Martinez, Management Analyst and David Snowdon, Assistant Town Manager - Finance and Administration, provided a presentation on the Fiscal Year 2025 Revenue Manual and Financial Policies.
The full presentation can be found on the Shrewsbury Media Connection Youtube Channel.
“Fill the Boot” Benefit Drive
- The Board approved the sale of $3,740,000 in General Obligation Bonds to fund the replacement of water mains and the replacement of the Browning Road Tank altitude valve. This bond sale had eight bidders with Fidelity Capital Markets offering the lowest bid at 3.712245% total interest cost.
Additionally the Board approved the sale of $1,000,000 in Bond Anticipation Notes (BAN) (short term borrowing) for the design of the PFSA Treatment Plant. This BAN sale had five bidders with Fidelity Capital Markets offering the lowest bid at 4.02% net interest cost.
Select Board Office Hours Reminder
- The Board will be holding Office Hours on November 18, 2023 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Common Area Outside the Young Adult Room at the Library
Recording of the November 14, 2023 Meeting - Full Meeting
Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: November 28, 2023 at 7:00 PM