Maple Avenue and Rolfe Avenue Pump Station Improvements
- The Select Board authorized the Town Manager to file and execute applications related to the Maple Avenue and Rolfe Avenue Pump Station Improvements. This item is a follow up to Article 28 of the Annual Town Meeting on May 15, 2023, which authorized the Town to apply, accept, and expend funds from the Commonwealth and/or federal government, and to authorize the Board of Sewer Commissioners to make improvements to the Maple Avenue and Rolfe Avenue pump stations and to replace force mains.
The State Revolving Fund (SRF) offers a 2% interest rate for issuances of this size ($9.82m), which is a much more competitive rate than the municipal bond market. The loan would be paid back over a twenty year period and is funded through water and sewer rates.
Special Town Meeting Warrant Recommendations
- The Select Board unanimously voted to recommend all 9 articles of the Special Town Meeting Warrant.
The full presentation and discussion can be viewed on Shrewsbury Media Connection’s YouTube channel and the Special Town Meeting Webpage!
Starbucks at Edgemere Crossing
- The Select Board approved the common victualler license for a new Starbucks location at the Edgemere Crossing Development.
Appointments to SMC Board of Directors & Scholarship Committee
- The Board reappointed Alden F.L Harris II to the Shrewsbury Media Connection Board of Directors for a three year term set to expire in October 2026.
Additionally, the Board appointed five members to the Scholarship Committee for a three year term to expire on October 31, 2026: Robert D. Holland, Lee Diamantopoulos, Kaitlin Gentile, Deborah DelDotto, and Carissa Ford
Select Board Office Hours Reminder
- The Board will be holding Office Hours on October 21, 2023 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM in the Common Area Outside the Young Adult Room at the Library
Recording of the October 11, 2023 Meeting - Full Meeting
Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: October 24, 2023 at 7:00 PM