American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funds Update
- Ms. Alexandria Martinez, Management Analyst, provided the Board and the Community an update on both Phase I and Phase II of the American Rescue Plan Act projects as of June 30, 2023.
Total funds expended thus far is $2,807,002 between Phase I and Phase II. The full update can be found on Shrewsbury Media Connection's YouTube Page!
Physik Instrumente - Potential Centech North Relocation
- Representatives from Physik Instrumente (PI), LP along with their government incentives tax consultant, Lynn Tokarczyk, of Business Development Strategies, Inc. appeared before the Board to discuss the company’s desire to potentially relocate their US Headquarters and precision manufacturing facilities to 384 South Street. This was an introductory meeting for the Select Board and the Community to learn about the company and their potential investments and job creation in Shrewsbury.
33-69 Green Street Development Local Initiative Program (LIP) Agreement
- Representatives from Pulte Homes of New England, LLC provided an update on their Local Initiative Agreement Proposal and Project to the Select Board.
The Developer is seeking to develop 33-69 Green Street into 300 units of open age, condominium housing and related amenities to be known as Emerald Run. 25% of the project will be affordable units and a public way will be constructed to connect Green Street and South Street.
Draft Special Town Meeting Warrant
- The Board reviewed the draft Special Town Meeting Warrant for October 16, 2023. The draft warrant contains 8 articles related to: budget and financial adjustments, general bylaw amendments for underground utilities and animal control matters, a CPA request, and a local option adoption related to reduced interest rates for deferred real estate tax. The warrant will be finalized at the Board’s September 26, 2023 meeting.
Select Board Office Hours Reminder
- The Board will be holding Office Hours on October 10, 2023 from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM in Conference Room A at the Town Hall.
Recording of the September 12, 2023 Meeting - Full Meeting
Next Regularly Scheduled Meeting: September 26, 2023 at 7:00 PM