The Town has entered into its next phase of the Strategic Planning project. After the first round of community feedback, the Board of Selectmen have drafted Strategic Outcome Areas and are looking for feedback from the community on each area! More information on the 5 outcome areas and the schedule for community feedback can be found below!
There are still FOUR more Strategic Plan Community Feedback Meetings you are able attend - both virtually or in-person at community events like the Farmers Market and Food Truck Nights at the Town Hall! We have free covid-19 test kits available for those who participate! We look forward to seeing you there!
- Virtual Meeting on Friday, August 5, 2022 at 9:00 AM - Register in advance for this meeting HERE. Please note that registration is MANDATORY for the virtual meetings in order to properly manage the features of the meeting, but your information will not be shared/or used again by the Town. Once an individual is registered, the email they provided will receive an invite with details on how to join the meeting.
- Virtual Meeting on Monday, August 8, 2022 at 7:00 PM EST - Register in advance for this meeting HERE. Please note that registration is MANDATORY for the virtual meetings in order to properly manage the features of the meeting, but your information will not be shared/or used again by the Town. Once an individual is registered, the email they provided will receive an invite with details on how to join the meeting.**
- In Person at the Farmers Market, Shrewsbury Senior Center Parking Lot, Wednesday, August 10, 2022 from 2:30 Pm to 4:30 PM, come drop by at any time!
- In Person at the Food Trucks, Town hall, Thursday, August 11, 2022 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM, come drop by at any time!
You can also visit https://getinvolvedshrewsbury.com/ to provide feedback ANYTIME if you are unable to attend the drop-in sessions or virtual meetings! We have also made paper copies available in the front entrance of the Town Hall, Library, and Senior Center!
Questions? Reach out to the Office of the Board of Selectmen and Town Manager through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone by dialing 508-841-8508!
The Draft Strategic Outcome Areas Are:
1. Engaged and Connected
Shrewsbury engages residents and creates community connections through:
- Strong relationships between the Town government and residents
- Intentional inclusion and outreach to build trust in Town government and services
- Empowered volunteers who contribute their time, talent, and expertise to the community
Shrewsbury’s Town government and workforce set a standard for excellence through:
- Responsible fiscal stewardship
- Effective long range planning
- Innovative and proactive customer service
- Smart, reliable, and robust municipal services and utilities
- Comprehensive and compassionate social services
3. Healthy and Thriving
Shrewsbury enables the highest quality of life through:
- Diverse housing options
- Equitable educational opportunities
- Cultural and social experiences
- Multimodal transportation
- Active and passive recreation
- Community oriented public safety
Shrewsbury fosters partnerships for residents, businesses, and the community that result in:
- Purposeful land use planning and outcomes that promote livability
- An environment that enables residents and businesses to succeed
- Business attraction and retention that contributes to the Town’s economic base
- Local retail and restaurants that build community and meet resident needs and preferences
Shrewsbury prioritizes environmental responsibility by:
- Reducing the Town’s carbon footprint
- Improving access to clean energy options
- Preserving open and natural spaces
- Protecting natural resources