The Board of Library Trustees of the Shrewsbury Public Library is seeking qualified persons interested in serving on the nonprofit Shrewsbury Public Library Foundation Board of Trustees, to fill four-year terms.
The Shrewsbury Public Library Foundation Board is a volunteer unpaid group of individuals whose mission is to develop and encourage the long-term health and progress of the Shrewsbury Public Library, by securing the financial resources necessary to ensure its continued growth and improvement. Generally, the responsibilities of the members include: engaging in activities which promote fundraising in the community; setting policies for the operation of the Foundation; ensuring proper investment of the foundation’s assets, and serving as an advocate and spokesperson for the Library Foundation. Information about the foundation can be found at https://foundationspl.org.
Individuals selected to serve on the Board will have one or more of the following qualities:
● Interested and enthusiastic about public libraries.
● Knowledgeable about the Shrewsbury Public Library or willing to learn more
● Able to participate in the meetings of the Board and its committees.
● Possess skills in the areas of programming, fundraising, investing and financial management, public relations or advocacy.
● Experience with other non-profit boards and non-profit groups
● Engaged in the community
The Board meets four to five times per year and in special sessions when necessary.
Interested persons are asked to submit a letter of interest and qualifications to Deborah Lebeaux, Chair of the Board of Library Trustees, 609 Main Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 by Monday, February 21, 2022.