The Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA) is offering some cold weather reminders.
Extreme Cold Safety Tips:
- Stay indoors as much as possible, especially during extreme cold and high winds.
- Check on elderly friends and neighbors often.
- Avoid caffeine – dehydration occurs quickly in cold, dry weather. Keep well hydrated, especially when exerting yourself.
- Cover exposed skin and be on the lookout for frostbite. Symptoms of frostbite include:
- Loss of feeling and white/pale skin on fingers, toes, ears, and nose.
- Keep pets indoors for protection against the cold – they are sensitive just like us!
The Center for Disease Control (CDC)
MA Emergency Management Agency (MEMA)