This is an important message from the Shrewsbury Department of Public Works regarding a Household Hazardous Waste Program. The Town of Shrewsbury has entered into an agreement with New England Disposal Technologies (NEDT) for the collection, packaging/consolidation, transportation, and disposal of various Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Products and chemicals from Shrewsbury Residents brought to NEDT.
Rules of Service
- Residents of Shrewsbury will bring their HHW products to the NEDT collection center during operating hours.
- Address: NEDT, 83 Gilmore Dr., Sutton, MA
- The Town of Shrewsbury will pay NEDT up to $50.00 per Shrewsbury resident (household/year) delivering HHW products to the NEDT center.
- Residents are responsible for payment for any waste that exceeds the $50.00 per household limit/year.
- Payment by the resident can be made to NEDT in the form of cash or credit card.
- Drop-off times: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM or by appointment.
Authorized Items for HHW Drop-off
The NEDTcenter accepts most types of household paints and chemicals. See the example list of acceptable types of products listed on the price list below.
Unaccepted Items for HHW Drop-off