Collaborative Outreach Coordinator is sought to join the passionate and progressive Council on Aging Team. This department is comprised of the following staff members: a Director, an Administrative Assistant (Transportation Coordinator), an Office Assistant (Administrative Volunteer Coordinator), an Outreach Coordinator, two Office Support Coordinators, nine Van Drivers, and a plethora of volunteers.
- Assess and facilitate connections to services and programs for elders who may be unserved or underserved.
- Conducts home and/or office visits independently to assist elders and their families to assess their needs and facilitate access to programs and services. Conducts meetings in varying public locations to increase he access and equitability of outreach programming.
- Maintains confidential client files and inputs all data and interactions in the My Senior Center database.
- Provides short-term counseling and acts as a liaison between various community service providers, assists in fuel assistance, food programs and home care services
- Interacts with the Director and office staff on a regular basis for specific case management, to share concerns, and to arrange appropriate additional services.
- Participates in multiple cross-functional groups, committees, and boards to support the elder population.
- Able to differentiate between basic client needs and those of a more serious nature. Can identify an emergency, call 911, and inform the Director.
- Responds to crises; coordinates with local agencies and safety departments to modify or alleviate crises; coordinates the small home repairs program and facilitates a caregiver support group. Monitors changes in the elder client’s situation and provides follow up assistance as necessary.
- Assists clients in applying for financial support, i.e. fuel assistance, food stamps, Mass Health, and tax exemptions. Able to refer clients out to the appropriate sources for additional services.
- Attends relevant seminars and training programs to maintain knowledge of elder service programs and support service delivery systems.
The Outreach Coordinator will sit in the Council on Aging Business Office and spend about half of the workday out in the field with our community. The Council on Aging is open Monday through Friday from 8 AM – 4:30 PM. The Outreach Coordinator will work during those hours to begin, and after a few months has the ability to set their own flexible schedule to include weekends if desired, with approval of the Council on Aging Director.
Knowledge: Knowledge and sensitivity to the needs of elders and their families; knowledge of local, state and federal agencies such as Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid Insurance who provide funding, services, programs and delivery systems in support of the needs of the elderly population. Knowledge of technology such as Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and social media in support of department operations and services.
Abilities: Ability to interact in a positive and effective manner with elderly people of all ages and at all levels of society, particularly the elderly. Ability to communicate orally in a clear and concise manner; ability to receive, understand, and execute oral and written instructions. Ability to maintain detailed and accurate records and to manage multiple tasks in a detailed and timely manner. Ability to listen, observe and make needs assessments regarding client needs and related services. Ability to work properly with highly sensitive, confidential information. Ability to work independently and to take initiative in an effort to resolve client issues.
Skill: Proficient public relations skills and sensitivity to individual client issues. Proficient oral and written communication skills. Proficient data processing skills. Proficient customer service skills.
Education and Experience: Master’s in Social Work required with expertise in Gerontology and two years related experience. Licensed Clinical Social Worker Preferred.
Special Requirements: CORI certification is required as a condition of employment. First Aid and CPR Certification is preferred within thirty-days of hire. Valid Class D Motor Vehicle Driver’s license.
How to Apply
For more information regarding this position please review the job description. When applying for this position a cover letter and resume may be sent via email to Kristina Anderson, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position you are applying in the subject line. Initial Review of Applicants to begin May 24, 2021. Open until filled.