The 2021 Annual Town Meeting will be held at the Field House at Shrewsbury High School, 64 Holden Street on Saturday May 22, 2021 at 8:30 am. The quorum for this meeting has been reduced to 100 Town Meeting Members pursuant to Chapter 92 of the Acts of 2020. The contents contained within the Town Meeting Member packet are below:
May 22, 2021 Annual Town Meeting Documents
- Town Clerk Memo
- Town Manager Memo including:
- COVID-19 Town Meeting Guidelines and FAQ
- A status report of current balances of special appropriations
- A memorandum dated May 4, 2021, from the Personnel Board relative to various
Personnel Bylaw amendment proposals contained in Article 27
- A memorandum dated May 7, 2021, from the Planning Board relative to various Zoning
Bylaw proposals contained in Articles 31, 32, & 33
- Exhibit: Town Center Zoning Map relative to Article 33
- A letter dated April 5, 2021 from Craig L. Blais, President & CEO of Worcester Business
Development Corporation relative to Article 38
- Finance Committee Recommendations & Motions
- FY22 School Budget Book
- Citizen's Guide to the Budget
On Thursday April 22, 2021, the Finance Committee will hold public hearings on the articles contained in the warrant and will make recommendations to Town Meeting.
On Tuesday April 27, 2021, the Board of Selectmen will make recommendations on the articles contained within the warrant.
On Thursday May 6, 2021, the Planning Board will hold public hearings and make recommendations on the zoning articles contained within the warrant.
On Thursday May 20, 2021, a pre-town meeting will be held for Town Meeting Members and those interested in attending.
Town Staff have pre-recorded information and an overview of each warrant article in order to limit the time spent at Town Meeting. Town Meeting Members will still have the ability to ask questions prior to the vote of each warrant article. See below for an overview of the articles contained within the Town Meeting warrant.