The WRTA has announced an affordable public transit service in Shrewsbury called Via WRTA. This service can be used by downloading the mobile app.
How does Via WRTA work?
Think of us like a shuttle that comes when you want, where you want. Give us your pickup and dropoff addresses, and we’ll provide a few ride options. Choose the one that works best for you and we’ll send a driver your way. Rides are just $2 dollars!
When can I ride?
Our service hours are 7am - 7pm, Monday-Friday.
Where can I ride?
Anywhere within the zone outlined below.
How can I book a ride?
Download the Via App on your iOs or Android device or if you don’t have access to a smartphone you may call us at (508) 388-6620.
How to create an account.
- Search “Via” in the App Store or Google Play store and tap the download icon, or just click here.
- Open the app, press Sign Up, and enter your personal info.
- Enter your credit or debit card info.
How to book a ride.
- Enter your pickup address and press Set Pickup. Hit the + sign if you want to bring extra passengers along!
- Enter your dropoff address and press Set Dropoff.
- Choose the trip option that’s best for you, then tap Book Ride.
- Follow the dotted line in the app to get to your exact pickup location, which may be a short walk.
- We’ll display your driver’s name, vehicle model, and license plate info to help you locate your ride.
Measures Via WRTA is taking to lessen COVID-19 exposure.
We’re working hard to ensure that every trip you take is as safe and worry-free as possible. Here are some of the measures we’ve put in place:
- Everyone on board is required to wear a face mask or face covering. Passengers not wearing a face mask may be refused service.
- In-app wellness checks help make sure passengers and drivers are symptom-free and ready to ride before they get going — please stay home if you have either been diagnosed with COVID-19, think you’re exhibiting symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently tested positive.
- Vehicle capacity is limited to 3 people in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Additionally, in vehicles with automatic doors, please wait for the driver to open and close the door to avoid touching the handles.
- Vehicles are being professionally cleaned regularly and we’ve provided drivers with cleaning supplies in order to perform frequent and thorough wipedowns of the vehicle interior, with extra focus on common surfaces and high-contact areas. They’re also equipped with plastic partitions between drivers and riders.
Questions? Get in touch.
Phone: (508) 388-6620