Homebound COVID-19 Vaccination Program & Public Phone Number
Homebound individuals who cannot leave their home to get a COVID-19 vaccine are able to receive an in-home vaccination through one of two options, depending on where they live:
1. 161 Local Boards of Health have chosen to manage their own in-home vaccination program or work with a regional collaborative to do so;
2. 190 Local Boards of Health will work with the Commonwealth to support residents through the State Program*.
*The Town of Shrewsbury has opted to work with the Commonwealth to support residents through the State Program.
Over the last couple of months, the Shrewsbury Council on Aging (COA) has identified many Shrewsbury residents who are in a homebound / shut-in situation. If you have already provided your contact information to the COA, there is no further action required on your part. This list will be furnished to the State who will in turn contact those individuals directly to set up an appointment.
In-home vaccinations are available to individuals who are not able to leave their home to get to a vaccination site, even with assistance. These homebound individuals either:
- Require ambulance or two-person assistance to leave the home, or
- Are not able to leave the home for medical appointments under normal circumstances, or
- Have considerable difficulty and/or require significant support to leave the home for medical appointments
For those Shrewsbury residents who are in a homebound situation and are in need of a COVID-19 vaccination, please contact the:
HOMEBOUND VACCINATION PROGRAM CENTRAL INTAKE LINE
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY
9:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
The Homebound Vaccination Program Central Intake Line is available in English and Spanish and will have translators available to support residents in approximately 100 additional languages.
A representative will ask pre-screening questions to ensure the individual meets the homebound eligibility requirements.