The Board of Selectmen is seeking Four (4) Shrewsbury residents to be appointed as at large members to the Community Preservation Committee, contingent upon approval by Town Meeting of the Community Preservation Act Bylaw.
At Town Meeting on August 8, 2020 under Article 30, Town Meeting Members voted to accept Sections 3 to 7, inclusive, of Chapter 44B of the General Laws, otherwise known as the Massachusetts Community Preservation Act by approving a surcharge on real property for the purposes permitted by said Act, including
- the acquisition, creation and preservation of open space
- the acquisition, preservation, rehabilitation and restoration of historic resources
- the acquisition, creation, preservation, rehabilitation and restoration of land for recreational use
- the acquisition, creation, preservation and support of community housing, and
- the rehabilitation and restoration of such open space and community housing that is acquired or created as provided under said Act
Town Meeting will review a bylaw on Saturday May 22, 2021 at 8:30 am to establish a Community Preservation Committee. If approved, the Committee will include the following:
- One member of the Shrewsbury Conservation Commission as designated by that Commission.
- One member of the Shrewsbury Historical Commission as designated by that Commission.
- One member of the Shrewsbury Planning Board as designated by that Board.
- One member of the Shrewsbury Parks, Recreation and Cemetery Commission as designated by that Commission.
- One member of the Shrewsbury Housing Authority as designated by the Authority.
- Four (4) members to be appointed at large by the Shrewsbury Board of Selectmen. At large members must be residents of Shrewsbury.
To be considered for an at large position, please send a letter of interest and qualifications to Beth Casavant, Chair of the Board of Selectmen, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to the Board of Selectmen Office at 100 Maple Ave, Shrewsbury, MA 01545, no later that 4:30 pm on April 20, 2021.
Click HERE for the DRAFT Shrewsbury Community Preservation Committee Bylaw
Click HERE for the Shrewsbury Community Preservation Committee Webpage