This is an important message from the Shrewsbury Department of Public Works. Both the Renewals and New Drain layer forms may be completed online through the Town's DPW Permitting Portal available here.
To find from the Town's Main Portal Page please follow:
- Select "Public Works"
- Select "Drain Layer's License & Water Service Installer"
- Select "Apply Online"
Requirements still remain the same. In order to be on the Drain layer’s list, licensed by the Town of Shrewsbury, applicants must submit the following to the Water & Sewer Division:
- Either a completed New Drain Layer Application or a Renewal Application online through the Town's Permitting Portal, available here
- Bond stating Water, Sewer or Drainage Work in the amount of $5,000.00
- Certificate of Insurance, No less than $1,000,000 Public Liability and Property Damage Each
- Licenses Fee: $50.00 for the calendar year
- Three Letter’s of recommendation (required for New Drain Layer applications)
Note: The Certificate of Insurance must run for the entire calendar year. If the applicant’s policy does not run from January to January the Water and Sewer Division will require a letter from the applicant’s insurance company indicating that coverage will renew when the policy expires or notify the Town in advance that they are not renewing.