For Immediate Release: July 17, 2020
The Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA) is issuing an advisory this afternoon regarding the extreme heat forecasted for tomorrow through early next week. Stay Cool, Stay Hydrated, and Stay Informed!
Preparedness and Safety Information
- Never leave children or pets alone in a closed vehicle. Even with the windows cracked open, interior temperatures can rise almost 20°F within 10 minutes.
- Check with your local authorities or call 2-1-1 to find locations of cooling centers or shelters near you.
- Know the symptoms of and watch out for heat-related illnesses. Call 9-1-1 to report emergencies.
- Be a good neighbor. Check on family, friends, and neighbors, especially the elderly, those who live alone, those with medical conditions, those who may need additional assistance, and those who may not have air conditioning.
- For more heat safety tips, please visit: