March 10, 2020, 5:00 p.m. update: unidirectional flushing has concluded for the day and will continue tomorrow night, March 11, 2020. Flushing will be completed over the next few nights due to the high volume of traffic on some of the streets.
Hydra Tech will begin unidirectional flushing around 9:00 p.m. and will start on the first sequence in the list below and will progress in order. It is difficult to estimate how the work will progress each night so this may be optimistic but is provided to better inform everyone in the area that may be flushed. Flushing is expected to be finished around 5:00 a.m.
1. Boylston Street from Church Road to Main Street
2. Main Street from Church Road to Westwood Road
3. Main Street from Westwood Road to Westview Avenue
4. Maple Avenue from Chase Terrace to Hascall Street
5. Main Street from Westmont Road to Maple Avenue (second water main in this section of Main Street)
6. Main Street from Westview Avenue to Westmont Road (second water main in this section of Main Street)
7. Main Street from Westview Avenue to Monadnock Drive
8. Westview Avenue
9. Monadnock Drive
10. Westwood Road to Surrey Lane
11. Surrey Lane
12. Colton Lane
13. Beaver Drive
14. Westwood Road from Beaver Drive to Surrey Lane
15. Maple Avenue from Main Street to Taft Road
16. Maple Avenue from Taft Road to Brightside Place
17. Maple Avenue
Today, Hydra Tech was able to complete unidirectional flushing on these streets:
Spring Street from Spring Terrace to Fieldstone Drive
Park Grove Lane
North Street from Cross Street to Lantern Lane
High Street from North Street to Meadow Hill Road
Meadow Hill Road
Highland Hill Drive
Laurel Ridge Lane
Prospect Street from Loring Street to Boylston Street
Boylston Street from Loring Street to Church Road
For additional information please visit www.shrewsburyma.gov/864/Hydrant-Flushing. Additional updates will be provided at the end of each day as the flushing progresses.
Due to the flushing, residents in the identified area as well as those in the vicinity of the project may experience brief periods of reduced pressure or discolored water.
If you experience discolored water once the flushing is complete, please run the cold water in downstairs bathtub until it clears.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions please contact the Water and Sewer Division at 508-841-8506.