March 8, 2020 - With temperatures expected to be unseasonably mild this week, contractor Hydra Tech is scheduled to continue the unidirectional flushing program on Monday 3/9, Wednesday 3/11, Thursday 3/12, and Friday 3/13. This program has been helpful in improving our water quality and we are fortunate the weather is allowing the unidirectional flushing to be resumed it earlier than expected.
Hydra Tech will begin unidirectional flushing around 8:00 a.m. and will start on the first sequence in in the list below and will progress in order. It is difficult to estimate how the work will progress each day so this may be optimistic but is provided to better inform everyone in the area that may be flushed. Flushing is expected to be finished around 4:00 p.m.
1. Loring Street, Boylston Street between Loring Street and Merriam Avenue, and a section of Prospect between Loring Street and Boyston Street
2. Spring Street from Prospect Street to Holman Street and Holman Street between Spring Street and Prospect Street
3. Tip Pond Road
4. Gifford Drive
5. Barrows Road
6. Spring Street from Holman Street to Spring Terrace
7. North Street from Prospect Street to Wilder Road and Wilder Road from North Street to Spring Circle
8. Spring Circle
9. Spring Terrace from Spring Circle to Spring Street
10. Willow Woods Drive
11. Spring Meadow Drive
12. Vista Drive
13. Spring Street from Spring Terrace to Fieldstone Drive
14. Park Grove Lane
15. Lantern Lane
16. North Street from Cross Street to Lantern Lane
17. High Street from North Street to Meadow Hill Road
18. Meadow Hill Road
19. Highland Hill Drive
20. Laurel Ridge Lane
For additional information please visit www.shrewsburyma.gov/864/Hydrant-Flushing. Additional updates will be provided at the end of each day as the flushing progresses.
Due to the flushing, residents in the identified area as well as those in the vicinity of the project may experience brief periods of reduced pressure or discolored water.
If you experience discolored water once the flushing is complete, please run the cold water in downstairs bathtub until it clears.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions please contact the Water and Sewer Division at 508-841-8506.