Due to the colder than expected temperatures, unidirectional water main flushing scheduled for today has been postponed until tomorrow, December 14th. Project contractor, Hydra Tech, will begin by finishing the Longfellow and Browning Road area which includes Bryant Avenue, Tory Drive, Tory Lane, and Wadsworth Road before moving on to Hill Street, the Planets, and a section of Prospect Street. The list below contains the order of the sequences for tomorrow's unidirectional flushing which will begin at 7:00AM and will end around 4:00PM. It is difficult to estimate how the work will progress each day so this list is provided to better inform everyone in the area that may be flushed.
1. Bryant Avenue
2. Longfellow Road from Wachusett Avenue to Browning Road and Browning Road from Longfellow Road to Bryant Avenue
3. Browning Road from Bryant Avenue to Wachusett Circle
4. Tory Drive to Tory Lane and all of Tory Lane
5. Tory Drive from Tory Lane to the end
6. Longfellow Road from one end of Browning Road to the other end of Browning Road
7. Wadsworth Road
8. Hill Street from Boylston Street to Straw Hollow Lane
9. Straw Hollow Lane
10.Hill Street from Straw Hollow Lane to Prospect Street
11. Mercury Drive
12. Saturn Drive
13. Arcturus Drive
14. Vega Drive
15. Mars Drive
16. Venus Drive
17. Neptune Drive
18. Aspen Road
19. Prospect Street from Hill Street to Fox Hill Road
20. Fox Hill Road
21. Red Coat Circle
22. Red Coat Road
23. Prospect Street from Fox Hill Road to Adin Drive
24. Broushane Circle
For additional information please visit www.shrewsburyma.gov/864/Hydrant-Flushing. Additional updates will be provided at the end of each day as the flushing progresses.
Due to the flushing, residents in the identified area as well as those in the vicinity of the project may experience brief periods of reduced pressure or discolored water.
If you experience discolored water once the flushing is complete, please run the cold water in downstairs bathtub until it clears.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions please contact the Water and Sewer Division at 508-841-8506.
ntact the Water and Sewer Division at 508-841-8506.