The first day of unidirectional flushing concluded around 4:00PM with project contractor, Hydra Tech, making good progress. The attached map shows the areas that were targeted today which includes a section of Boylston Street between Boylston Circle and Hill Street, Grist Mill Circle, a section of Wachusett Circle from Grist Mill Circle to Browning Road, Browning Road from Wachusett Circle to Gulf Street, and Gulf Street from Browning Road to Slocum Meadow Lane.
Hydra Tech is scheduled to continue flushing on Tuesday, December 10, 2019, beginning at 7:00AM and ending around 4:00PM. They will continue unidirectional flushing in the following sequence. It is difficult to estimate how much flushing they can complete in one day so this list is provided to better inform everyone in the area that will be flushed.
1. Gulf Street from Slocum Meadow Lane to Wheelock Street and Wheelock Street from Gulf Street to Wachusett Circle
2. Wheelock Street from Wachusett Circle to Boylston Circle and Boylston Circle from Wheelock Street to Boylston Street
3. Slocum Meadow Lane
4. Gulf Street from Browning Road to Cypress Avenue
5. Cypress Avenue from Gulf Street to the entrance to the High School campus
6. Stone Meadow Farm
7. Boylston Circle from Boylston Street to Wheelock Street
8. Gulf Street from Boylston Circle to Wheelock Street
9. Wachusett Circle from Wheelock Street to Grist Mill Circle
10. Strubridge Circle
11. Hearthside Circle
12. Old Salem Circle
13. Boylston Street from Hill Street to Route 290
14. Rolling Hill Road
15. Wachusett Avenue from Rolling Hill Road to Wachusett Circle
16. Bryant Avenue
17. Longfellow Road from Wachusett Avenue to Browning Road and Browning Road from Longfellow Road to Bryant Avenue
18. Browning Road from Bryant Avenue to Wachusett Circle
19. Tory Drive to Tory Lane and all of Tory Lane
20. Tory Drive from Tory Lane to the end
21. Longfellow Road from one end of Browning Road to the other end of Browning Road
22. Wadsworth Road
23. Hill Street from Boylston Street to Straw Hollow Lane
24. Straw Hollow Lane
25. Hill Street from Straw Hollow Lane to Prospect Street
26. Mercury Drive
For additional information please visit www.shrewsburyma.gov/864/Hydrant-Flushing. Additional updates will be provided as the flushing progresses.
Due to the flushing, residents in the identified area as well as those in the vicinity of the project may experience brief periods of reduced pressure or discolored water.
If you experience discolored water once the flushing is complete, please run the cold water in an outside faucet, or downstairs bathtub until it clears.
We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions please contact the Water and Sewer Division at 508-841-8506.