Mercury Disposal

The Health Department accepts:

  • Mercury thermometers, Mercury thermostats, and blood pressure cuffs

Note: If you have a broken mercury thermometer or mercury thermostat, please secure it/them in a tightly-sealed lidded container.

To learn how to dispose of light bulbs, CFL's, fluorescent tubes, or any other items, please visit Trash & Recycling or call 508-841-8591 for more information. The Trash & Recycling program is managed by the Department of Public Works (DPW).