The Board of Selectmen established the Beal Reuse Committee in November 2017. The committee consists of seven (7) members:
1. One member of the Board of Selectmen or Designee, who shall chair such committee
2. One member of the Shrewsbury Housing Authority
3. One member of the Parks and Cemetery Commission or Designee
4. One member of the Beal Early Childhood Center Building Committee
5. The Superintendent of Public Buildings
6. Two members at large with one being appointed by the Board of Selectmen and one being appointed by Town Manager who, by reason of their current or prior background in such fields as construction, architecture, real estate, land use and development, engineering or other relevant experience, have special knowledge to assist in evaluating and recommending future uses of the property.
Town staff members including but not limited to the Assistant Town Manager/Economic Development Coordinator, Town Planner, Town Engineer and the Director of Parks, Recreation and Cemetery shall be engaged by the Committee to inform their decisions.
The Committee shall undertake a comprehensive analysis of potential reuses for the Beal Early Childhood Center property. The analyses should include future public uses as well as the potential benefits of disposing of the property located at 1 Maple Avenue.
Agendas & Minutes
The Beal Building Reuse Committee meets primarily at Town Hall. All agendas and meeting minutes are available here.