Ice cream truck vendor regulations are uniform standards and requirements for vending. Ice cream truck vending requires a permit, and is defined as selling, displaying or offering to sell ice cream or any other prepackaged food product from an ice cream truck.
Shrewsbury Health Department Permitting Requirements
- Completed food permit application (application can be found under Resources at the bottom of this page)
- Copy of Food Protection Manager certificate or Food Handler certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Allergen Awareness certificate
- Copy of food permit from the town you're based out of
- Copy of last food inspection report
- Proof of CORI / SORI check from the Town you're based out of
- Copy of State or Local Hawker & Peddler's License (whichever applies)
- Copy of Menu
- Route to include: days of operation and times
- Fee: $250.00 annual fee or $75.00 per temporary food event - check can be made payable to: Town of Shrewsbury
Please contact the Health Department to schedule an inspection of the truck(s) with the Health Inspector. Upon a passing inspection, a permit would be issued at that time.
Note: Deadline to apply with the Board of Health is two (2) weeks prior to any temporary food event. A Health Agent will conduct an inspection on the day of the event. Upon a passing inspection, a temporary food permit will be issued.
Please read the Food Vendor Notice from the Parks and Recreation Department under Resources at the bottom of this page.