Retired Employees (Senior Plans)
It is Open Enrollment Time!
The Open Enrollment Fair gives you and your family or advisers the opportunity to meet with representatives from the insurance companies. You can ask questions, get explanations of the benefits, and compare differences between the plans. The representatives are there to help you make an informed decision on which plan best meets your needs.
When is the Open Enrollment Fair?
This year the fair will be held on Wednesday, November 1, 2017 from 10:00 am to noon, in the Selectmen’s Meeting Room, Town Hall.
What Changes Are Effective On January 1, 2018?
- Rates are changing for all Senior plans except the Medex plan. The new rate schedule is on the back of this notice.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Medex
- Drug Formulary changes (List of changes included)
- Fallon Senior:
- One-way chair van from hospital to Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) - $35 Copay
- Hearing Aid Purchase Program - $695, $795 or $995 per device
Plan comparison charts are also included with this notice.
What Do You Need To Do?
- If you are not changing plans you do not need to do anything
- If you are enrolling in a new plan you need to complete an insurance company application and a Payroll Agreement, and provide a photocopy of your Medicare Part A & B card for the insurance company to me by Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
- If you are voluntarily cancelling your health insurance through the Town and will be receiving your coverage elsewhere you must complete an insurance company cancellation form to end your Town sponsored coverage.
- If you are not planning to attend the Open Enrollment Fair but will be making a change please contact me to obtain all of the necessary forms.
All forms and documents must be returned to me, Laurie Gaudet, in the Treasurer’s Office, by no later than Wednesday November 15, 2017. If you are not changing plans you do not need to do anything.
**** If you are not making any changes you do not need to do anything. ****