• Couples who will be married in Massachusetts must appear together at the office of any city or town clerk in the Commonwealth to file the Intention of Marriage. Following completion of a Marriage Intention, a three day waiting period is required before a license can be issued. A waiver of the waiting period may be granted by the local District Court. In that instance the couple brings the court waiver to the town clerk and a marriage license may be issued immediately.
  • Persons seeking a marriage license must be at least eighteen years old or have a court order providing for an exception.
  • A marriage license must be used within sixty days from the date of filing the Intention of Marriage. Following the marriage ceremony, the officiant must sign the license and return it to the city or town where it was issued. The fee to file Intention of Marriage is $25.00.

Hunting, Fishing, Sporting

  • The Town Clerk's office no longer serves as an agent for state gaming and fishing licenses.
  •  For Fish & Wildlife information and fees visit the MassWildlife website at 


  • Massachusetts Law requires all dogs be licensed by six months of age. 
  • The licensing period in Shrewsbury is January 1 to December 31 with a $10.00 late fee assessed to licenses obtained after March 1.
  • License fees are: $10.00 for spayed/neutered dogs and $20.00 without proof of spaying/ neutering. Licensing may be done by mail provided the following information is submitted with the proper fee and a stamped self-addressed envelope.
  • Dog License Form
  • Residential kennel license fees are $50.00 (less than 4), $100.00 (5-9) and $125.00 (10+). Residents requiring a residential kennel license must come into the Town Clerk's Office.
  • For commercial kennel licenses, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at (508) 841-8507.
  • Do Your "Doody" for Clean Water

Raffle Permits

  • Forms available at Town Clerk's office.
  • First time applicants must submit a statement of organization or bylaws.
  • Only non-profit organizations in existence a minimum of two years are eligible to obtain a raffle permit.
  • The Annual Report must be submitted to the Town Clerk before application for renewal can be processed.
  • Fee is $10.00. A permit is valid for one year from the date of issuance.