Beginning Tuesday, June 1st, 2021:We're very excited to welcome patrons back to the library without prior appointments starting Tuesday, June 1st. Patrons can come in between 10:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday – Saturday to browse and check out books and other materials. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, we have extended hours from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Though computer reservations are no longer required, users may make a reservation if they wish. Computer use sessions will have a maximum duration of two hours.
- We are committed to the library being a safe space for everyone. Young children and their families are daily visitors at our library. As most children are not yet eligible to be vaccinated, we require that all staff and patrons continue to wear masks when inside the library regardless of vaccination status.
- Occupancy is limited to maintain social distancing. We will keep monitoring the traffic and take action if we notice there are too many people in any section.
- We request that patrons be courteous to others by limiting the time of their visit. At this time there is no congregating, lingering or gathering.
- Please call (508)-841-8609, or email email@example.com , or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Additional Library Services
Virtual Programs and Remote Reference Assistance
We continue to plan and offer virtual programs for children and adults to enjoy. You can see the whole list on our on-line calendar.
Children’s Story times are on Facebook Live! Please check out the library’s Youtube channel and enjoy the creative offerings of our talented staff!
Please sign-up for our e-Newsletter to receive up-to-date information. There are mailing lists for general Library information, Children's services, and Young Adult services.
For reliable, up-to-date information about COVID-19, the Shrewsbury Public Library is providing the following page of online resources.
Catalog & Account
Find items, renew or place holds on items with the online catalog.
Book a Room
Access research materials, such as online articles, journals and other reference sources.
Events & Passes
View events and related information, including a calendar of all events, museum passes and room booking information.
Access e-content, including e-books, MP3s and more. Download 24/7 from any device.
Library News & Updates
Sunday Sponsorship Update 6-8-2021
Providing four Sundays:
- Dr. B. Dale and Mrs. Melanie Magee
- Olive I. and Anthony A. Borgatti Jr. Donor-Advised Fund of the Greater Worcester Community Foundation
- Dean Park Grill & Pizza
- The Bachini Family in memory of Ruth Seward
- The Del Dotto grandchildren: Drea, Dylan, and Devin
- Friends of the Library in memory of former library director Bonnie O’Brien
- In loving memory of Buckie Somers
- In memory of James A. Heedles
- In memory of Marsha Williams
- John P. Collins and Nancy Hughes in memory of Dr. John P. Collins
- Kathleen and David Rocheleau
- Maureen Fujimori in honor of Eileen Mooney Evans
- Olivia, Peg and Don Harbert
- Pam Osborn in memory of Harry Der Harootunian
- Rotary Club of Shrewsbury
- Selectman Beth Casavant
- Shrewsbury Garden Club
- Shrewsbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Southgate at Shrewsbury
- One anonymous donor