Yard Waste Pick-up Program - Fall 2016 Has Ended for the Season
Yard waste is picked up at each residence 3 times in the Spring and 4 times in the Fall. During these times, the following are accepted:
- Leaves and grass clippings must be in the 30 gallon paper lawn and leaf bags and set out at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your regular rubbish collection day.
- Bags should not be set out any earlier than the night before your collection day.
- In the event of inclement weather, please cover the bags to prevent water saturation.
- Fill the bags to a reasonable weight so that the rubbish hauler can lift them.
- Bags should not be full to the top or over-flowing with yard waste.
- Small branches will also be accepted if they are no longer than 4 feet in length,
3 inches in diameter, and securely tied into bundles.
Yard Waste Drop-off Program - Has ended for the season.A drop-off site for yard waste (leaves and grass only) is open at the Municipal Garage located on 211 South Street on 1 Saturday per month during the June through September time frame only from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Proof of residency may be required.
When there are no pick-up or drop-off dates announced, residents can contact Worcester County Yard Waste for information and pricing.
If you have branches, limbs, or stumps, you will have to secure a licensed contractor for the proper removal of wood.
The Town of Shrewsbury is Asian Long-horned Beetle (ALB) zoned, so the handling of wood must be taken with extreme care. View a list of ALB Licensed Contractors (PDF) who can properly dispose of wood.
Please visit Don't Move Firewood, it Bugs me website for more information.