Yard Waste Pick-up Program - Fall 2016
Leaves, grass, and small bundled branches will be picked up at the curb on your regular rubbish collection day during the following weeks:
October 17 - October 21
October 31 - November 4
November 14 - November 18
November 28 - December 2
Yard waste must be in the 30 gallon paper lawn & leaf bags and lined up at the curb by 7:00 AM as routes and drivers are subject to change without notice.
Small branches will also be collected if they are:
no larger than three inches in diameter
cut into four foot lengths
securely tied into bundles
Please do not set out at the curb any sooner than the night before your regular rubbish collection day during those weeks.
Yard waste is picked up at each residence 3 times in the Spring and 4 times in the Fall. During these times, the following are accepted:
- Leaves and grass clippings must be in the 30 gallon paper lawn and leaf bags and set out at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your regular rubbish collection day.
- Bags should not be set out any earlier than the night before your collection day.
- In the event of inclement weather, please cover the bags to prevent water saturation.
- Fill the bags to a reasonable weight so that the rubbish hauler can lift them.
- Bags should not be full to the top or over-flowing with yard waste.
- Small branches will also be accepted if they are no longer than 4 feet in length,
3 inches in diameter, and securely tied into bundles.
Yard Waste Drop-off Program - Has ended for the season.A drop-off site for yard waste (leaves and grass only) is open at the Municipal Garage located on 211 South Street on 1 Saturday per month during the June through September time frame only from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Proof of residency may be required.
When there are no pick-up or drop-off dates announced, residents can contact Worcester County Yard Waste for information and pricing.
If you have branches, limbs, or stumps, you will have to secure a licensed contractor for the proper removal of wood.
The Town of Shrewsbury is Asian Long-horned Beetle (ALB) zoned, so the handling of wood must be taken with extreme care. View a list of ALB Licensed Contractors (PDF) who can properly dispose of wood.
Please visit Don't Move Firewood, it Bugs me website for more information.