This is a reminder that Trash/Recycling Collections WILL NOT BE DELAYED due to Veteran's Day. NORMAL collections Monday through Friday. Read on...
On November 16th from 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM @ St. Nicholas Church, 34 Gold Street, Shrewsbury MA. Green Day Recycling will be hosting an Electronic and Appliance recycling event. Read on...
This is the final Yard Waste Collection week in 2019. In observance of Thanksgiving, there will be a one day delay for both Rubbish & Recycling that will affect the Thursday and Friday routes only. Read on...
The Town of Shrewsbury utilizes a Pay As You Throw (PAYT) Program with Waste Management.
Rubbish is collected on a weekly basis. To determine your collection day, please click Street Listing.
- Rubbish must be placed in the PAYT bags. They are blue with a white Town of Shrewsbury seal. For more information on stores that sell PAYT bags (PDF) please view our printable document.
- Rubbish must be placed at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on the day of your scheduled collection day to ensure pick-up service.
- Please do not place Rubbish at the curb any sooner than the night before your scheduled collection day. It is recommended that the PAYT bags be placed in a lidded trash barrel. This helps to deter rodents, insects, and birds from getting into your rubbish. Residents may purchase a rubbish barrel at any local hardware store.
- Rubbish bags cannot weigh more than 20 pounds when full.
- Rubbish bags must be closed and tied off.
- Rubbish Bags cannot have any item sticking out.
Residents should ensure that rubbish barrels, recycle bins, and PAYT bags are:
- Free from ice and snow and clearly visible to the collection crew.
- Not in the way of the snow removal equipment.
- For storm updates, please check cable TV channel 15 and the town's website for updates.