Water & Sewer Department
The Water and Sewer department is a municipally owned utility for the residents of Shrewsbury. Our water supply is derived from a series of gravel packed wells pumping over 4 million gallons of water a day. The Sewer Department was started as a separate department in 1963. Wastewater is treated with primary and secondary treatment at the regional Westborough Plant.
Sewer Department operates and maintains approximately 40 pump stations for over 165 miles of sewer main.
The Water Department has completed water main flushing in the center section of Town areas by end of work Thursday, 4/27/17. Read on...
Latest update for Manganese and Hexavalent Chromium levels. Town constructing a new biological filtration water treatment plant. Read on...
The Water Department has published the 2016 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report, which is now available to view. Please follow the link to the report. Link to 2016 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report
Water Use Restrictions for 2017, adopted on Tuesday, 4/11/17 by the Board of Selectmen, are effective May 1, 2017, and will end on September 30, 2017. Read on...
Save Money, Collect Rain Water, Conserve Energy Additional Info...
- Mass DEP - Manganese Fact Sheet
- Resolution of Extension of Water Use Restrictions 09-30-16
- Drinking Water Supply Improvements Ice Pigging Article 92716 3 (2)-Published
- Memo to BOS on Alternate Water Supply 1 20 2016
- Backflow Prevention Device Design Data Sheet (PDF)
- Change of Address Forms
- New Owner Application (PDF)
- New Water Rates- Effective January 1, 2016
- Water and Sewer Annual Town Report
- Sewer Connection Rules and Regulations (PDF)
- The Great Rain Barrel Event 2017