Recreational Camps for Children
On March 23, 2018, important amendments were finalized to 105 CMR 430.000: Minimum Standards for Recreational Camps for Children (State Sanitary Code, Chapter IV) which will go into effect this summer.
In accordance with MGL c. 111, s. 219 (effective October 28, 2004) and 105 CMR 221.000: Promoting Awareness of Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine, the April 2008 DPH fact sheet "Meningococcal Disease and Camp Attendees: Commonly Asked Questions" is required to be distributed to all parents or guardians of children in youth camps.
The 2007 brochure (PDF) (Information about Recreational Camps in Massachusetts: Questions and Answers for Parents) will help parents make informative decisions when choosing a camp for their children.
Local boards of health are required to notify DPH annually of licensed recreational camps for children pursuant to 105 CMR 430.632.
- Regulation 105 CMR 432.000 - Guidance Checklist.pdf
- Regulation Filing.pdf
- 105 CMR 432.000 - Minimum Requiresment for Personal Flotation Devices for Minor Children at Municipa
- General Laws - Chapter 111 Public Health - Section 127A.5.pdf
- Swim and Fit Test Model Documentation Form 105 CMR 432.000.pdf
- YMCA Course Description - AQ711 - YMCA Lifeguard 2011.pdf
- Injury Report Form - State (PDF)
- Inspection Form (PDF)
- Medication - Parent Authorization (PDF)
- Sample HCC Acknowledgement of On-site Medications Form (PDF)
- Medication Log (PDF)
- Meningococcal Disease (PDF)
- Recommended Immunizations (PDF)
- Regulations - Local (PDF)
- Shrewsbury Board of Health Fee Schedule
- Tick Brochure (PDF)