Recreational Camps for Children
Date of Record: 05-25-22
From the MA Department of Public Health (MDPH):
Covid protocols have just been updated for children in child care, K-12, out-of-school time (OST), and recreational camp settings.
For details, please visit this link: https://www.mass.gov/
Thank you again for keeping Massachusetts safe!
Date of Record: May 12, 2022
Dear Recreational Camp Stakeholders,
We have been informed that the state is making free iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Tests available on a one-time basis to any Recreational Camp or Program in Massachusetts. Tests will come in multiples of 180, with two tests per kit and 90 kits per box, and camps may order up to 1800 tests. Recreational camps and programs may request a one-time distribution of test kits, by filling out this survey by June 3rd. All tests will be shipped by June 10th. These tests should be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and the camp’s own testing policies. Please note that these and other FDA EUA-authorized over-the-counter tests, those widely available online and in retail stores, can be administered without the camp having a CLIA certificate or certificate of waiver.
Information about the proper use of the iHealth COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Tests, including specimen collection, handling, and storage, can be found on the package insert, on the manufacturer’s website: https://ihealthlabs.
Please distribute this information to any Recreational Camps or Programs that are interested in conducting COVID-19 testing. Camps with shipping questions or concerns should include those in the free text of the survey. Any other questions should be directed to Steve Hughes (email@example.com) and Kerry Wagner (firstname.lastname@example.org ), who will forward them to the appropriate recipient.
We hope you all have a great camping season and thank you for everything you do to bring recreational opportunities to children across the state.
Community Sanitation Program
MA Department of Public Health
Date of Record July 19, 2020
Updates to Phase III Standards for Recreational Camps / Programs
In accordance with MGL c. 111, s. 219 (effective October 28, 2004) and 105 CMR 221.000: Promoting Awareness of Meningococcal Disease and Vaccine, the April 2008 DPH fact sheet "Meningococcal Disease and Camp Attendees: Commonly Asked Questions" is required to be distributed to all parents or guardians of children in youth camps.
Local boards of health are required to notify DPH annually of licensed recreational camps for children pursuant to 105 CMR 430.632.
- Application to Operate a Recreational Camp (PDF)
- Shrewsbury Board of Health Fee Schedule (PDF)
- 105 CMR 430.000 - Important Code Changes for Recreational Camps for Children (PDF)
- 105 CMR 430.000 - Minimum Standards for Recreational Camps for Children (PDF)
- Regulations - Local (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions Parents and Guardians Recreational Camp Brochure (PDF)
- Massachusetts Recreational Camp Reporting Application (PDF)
- Healthcare Consultant Agreement (PDF)
- Massachusetts Recreational Camps for Children Injury Report Form (PDF)
- Recreational Camp for Children Public Health Inspection Form (PDF)
- Required Immunizations - Recreational Camps for Children Memo (PDF)
- Parent/Guardian Authorization Form to Dispense Medication at Recreational Camps (PDF)
- Sample Health Care Consultant Acknowledgement of On-site Medications Form (PDF)
- Sample - Medication Log for Recreational Camps for Children (PDF)
- Meningococcal Disease and Attendees for Recreational Camps Fact Sheet (PDF)
- Updated Recreational Camp Checklist as of July 19, 2020
- Updated Recreational Camp Minimum Requirements as of July 19, 2020