Mosquito & Tick Information
Date of Record: 07-13-22 - The MAs Department of Public Health (MDPH) today announced that West Nile virus (WNV) has been detected in mosquitoes in Massachusetts for the first time this year. Read on...
Spring has just begun and Ticks are already out in MA. They can carry harmful diseases. Please read on to learn about tick-borne illnesses and how to avoid tick bites. Read on...
Notice of Amendment to 333 CMR 13.03, Requests for Exclusion from Wide-Area Pesticide Applications
As of January 13, 2017, the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources ("Department") has implemented changes to the regulation promulgated at 333 CMR: 13.00, et. seq., specifically at 333 CMR13.03 ("Regulation"). The Regulation establishes a procedure for private property owners to exclude their property from wide-area pesticide applications. The following changes have been made to the process by which requests for exclusions must be made:
- Exclusion request my no longer be made to a city or town clerk and must be made to the Department;
- There is no longer a deadline by which exclusions requests can be made, they can be made at any point in time during the year;
- Exclusion requests shall become effective fourteen (14) days from the receipt of the request;
- All excusion requests, regardless of the date made, will expire on December 31st of the year in which it was made;
- Requests can be made electronically or via hard copy, all information related to exclusion requests and the Regulation can be found on the Department's website at: Electronic Exclusion Request.
- Hard copy Exclusion Requests should be directed to:
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources251 Causeway Street, Suite 500Boston, MA 02114Telephone: 617-626-1723
Central MA Mosquito Control Project (CMMCP)
- CMMCP - memo 01-23-22 (PDF)
- CMMCP - 2022 Commission Meeting Dates (PDF)
- CMMCP - abandoned swimming pool memo (PDF)
- Central MA Mosquito Control Protection for Senior Citizens Flier (PDF)
- Central MA Mosquito Control Home Breeding Mosquito Checklist (PDF)
- Central MA Mosquito Control Flier on Practicing the 5 Ds (PDF)