Mosquito & Tick Information
Date of Record: 09-23-21 - The Town of Shrewsbury is at moderate risk for the West Nile Virus (WNV). Please continue to Practice the 5 D's (Dress, Deet, Dawn & Dusk, and Drain) to keep you and your family safe during the mosquito season. Read on...
Ticks are out! The Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA) is offering tips on how to protect yourself and your family this season. Read on...
Public Parking is now available at the Old Beal School, 1 Maple Avenue, in Shrewsbury’s Town Center District! Read on...
Notice of Amendment to 333 CMR 13.03, Requests for Exclusion from Wide-Area Pesticide Applications
As of January 13, 2017, the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources ("Department") has implemented changes to the regulation promulgated at 333 CMR: 13.00, et. seq., specifically at 333 CMR13.03 ("Regulation"). The Regulation establishes a procedure for private property owners to exclude their property from wide-area pesticide applications. The following changes have been made to the process by which requests for exclusions must be made:
- Exclusion request my no longer be made to a city or town clerk and must be made to the Department;
- There is no longer a deadline by which exclusions requests can be made, they can be made at any point in time during the year;
- Exclusion requests shall become effective fourteen (14) days from the receipt of the request;
- All excusion requests, regardless of the date made, will expire on December 31st of the year in which it was made;
- Requests can be made electronically or via hard copy, all information related to exclusion requests and the Regulation can be found on the Department's website at: Electronic Exclusion Request.
- Hard copy Exclusion Requests should be directed to:
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources251 Causeway Street, Suite 500Boston, MA 02114Telephone: 617-626-1723
Central MA Mosquito Control Project (CMMCP)
- CMMCP - memo for August and September 2021 (PDF)
- CMMCP - memo with August 2021 spray dates 07-19-21 (PDF)
- CMMCP - memo - June and July spray dates 06-14-21
- CMMCP - memo - swimming pools 06-02-21 (PDF)
- CMMCP - memo 05-19-21 (PDF)
- CMMCP - memo 05-17-21 (PDF)
- CMMCP - DPW memo 02-08-21
- CMMCP - memo 02-04-21
- CMMCP - Commission meeting dates - memo 11-20-20 (PDF)
- CMMCP - spray date memo - August and September 2020
- CMMCP - abandoned swimming pool memo (PDF)
- Enhanced Larval Control Measures for EEE Mitigation in 2020 (PDF)
- CMMCP - larval control memo 05-14-20 (PDF)
- CMMCP - letter 04-06-20 (PDF)
- Central MA Mosquito Control Memo (PDF)
- CMMCP - 2020 Commission meeting dates memo (PDF)
- Central MA Mosquito Control Protection for Senior Citizens Flier (PDF)
- Central MA Mosquito Control Home Breeding Mosquito Checklist (PDF)
- Central MA Mosquito Control Flier on Practicing the 5 Ds (PDF)