A detailed noted about CMMCP's spray schedule can be found on their website at: Central MA Mosquito Control Project Website
*Any dates posted are tentative and are subject to change due to weather conditions, mosquito populations, mosquito virus activity and/or special event spraying.
West Nile Virus (WNV) - Date of Record 09/06/18
West Nile Virus has been detected in mosquitoes in several surrounding communities including the Town of Shrewsbury as reported by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
Central MA Mosquito Control Project (CMMCP) will be spraying after sunset on Tuesday, September 11, 2018. The streets are listed below:
5TH AVE ROW
EASTERN POINT DR
GROVE RIDGE PATH
KINGS BROOK XING
LAKE VIEW AVE
N QUINSIGAMOND AVE
OLD MILL RD
POND VIEW DR
SILVER GATE CIR
Please practice the 5 D's of mosquito protection!
Notice of Amendment to 333 CMR 13.03, Requests for Exclusion from Wide-Area Pesticide Applications
As of January 13, 2017, the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources ("Department") has implemented changes to the regulation promulgated at 333 CMR: 13.00, et. seq., specifically at 333 CMR13.03 ("Regulation"). The Regulation establishes a procedure for private property owners to exclude their property from wide-area pesticide applications. The following changes have been made to the process by which requests for exclusions must be made:
- Exclusion request my no longer be made to a city or town clerk and must be made to the Department;
- There is no longer a deadline by which exclusions requests can be made, they can be made at any point in time during the year;
- Exclusion requests shall become effective fourteen (14) days from the receipt of the request;
- All excusion requests, regardless of the date made, will expire on December 31st of the year in which it was made;
- Requests can be made electronically or via hard copy, all information related to exclusion requests and the Regulation can be found on the Department's website at: Electronic Exclusion Request.
- Hard copy Exclusion Requests should be directed to:
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources251 Causeway Street, Suite 500Boston, MA 02114Attn: Juan Carlos GutierrezTelephone: 617-626-1723