Mosquito & Tick Information
The MA Dept. of Agricultural Resources, State Reclamation & Mosquito Control Board, and the MA Dept. of Public Health announced precautions for residents to take for Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) Prevention. Read on...
Town Hall (including Town, SELCO and School Departments) will be opening to the public on Tuesday July 7, 2020 for appointment only when other methods are not suitable. Read on...
The City of Worcester's Division of Public Health (WDPH) in conjunction with the Central MA Mosquito Control Project (CMMCP) is providing important information on how to keep yourself and your family safe for the upcoming mosquito season. Read on...
Notice of Amendment to 333 CMR 13.03, Requests for Exclusion from Wide-Area Pesticide Applications
As of January 13, 2017, the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources ("Department") has implemented changes to the regulation promulgated at 333 CMR: 13.00, et. seq., specifically at 333 CMR13.03 ("Regulation"). The Regulation establishes a procedure for private property owners to exclude their property from wide-area pesticide applications. The following changes have been made to the process by which requests for exclusions must be made:
- Exclusion request my no longer be made to a city or town clerk and must be made to the Department;
- There is no longer a deadline by which exclusions requests can be made, they can be made at any point in time during the year;
- Exclusion requests shall become effective fourteen (14) days from the receipt of the request;
- All excusion requests, regardless of the date made, will expire on December 31st of the year in which it was made;
- Requests can be made electronically or via hard copy, all information related to exclusion requests and the Regulation can be found on the Department's website at: Electronic Exclusion Request.
- Hard copy Exclusion Requests should be directed to:
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources251 Causeway Street, Suite 500Boston, MA 02114Telephone: 617-626-1723