Central Massachusetts Mosquito Control Project (CMMCP) personnel will be in Shrewsbury to respond to residents' concerns about mosquitoes in their area on the following dates in June and July.
- June 27, 2017
- July 6, 2017
- July 11, 2017
- July 18, 2017
- July 25, 2017
All dates are subject to change due to weather conditions, mosquito populations, mosquito virus activity and/or special event spraying. This program will shut down when cool night time temperatures become predominant in the area. A detailed notice about their spray schedule is posted on the CMMCP phone system AFTER 3:30 p.m. each day, and it is also listed on their website at: http://www.cmmcp.org/pesticide.htm
Central MA Lyme Conference - September 23, 2017
Please click Central MA Lyme Conference Flier at the bottom of this page under "Related Documents" for details.
Notice of Amendment to 333 CMR 13.03, Requests for Exclusion from Wide-Area Pesticide Applications
As of January 13, 2017, the Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources ("Department") has implemented changes to the regulation promulgated at 333 CMR: 13.00, et. seq., specifically at 333 CMR13.03 ("Regulation"). The Regulation establishes a procedure for private property owners to exclude their property from wide-area pesticide applications. The following changes have been made to the process by which requests for exclusions must be made:
- Exclusion request my no longer be made to a city or town clerk and must be made to the Department;
- There is no longer a deadline by which exclusions requests can be made, they can be made at any point in time during the year;
- Exclusion requests shall become effective fourteen (14) days from the receipt of the request;
- All excusion requests, regardless of the date made, will expire on December 31st of the year in which it was made;
- Requests can be made electronically or via hard copy, all information related to exclusion requests and the Regulation can be found on the Department's website at: Electronic Exclusion Request.
- Hard copy Exclusion Requests should be directed to:
Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources251 Causeway Street, Suite 500Boston, MA 02114Attn: Juan Carlos GutierrezTelephone: 617-626-1723