The MA Department of Public Health (MDPH) has issued a new mask advisory in light of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Prevention’s updated guidance. Read on...
Nineteen (19) Additional Positive Cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the Town of Shrewsbury since July 23, 2021 bringing the cumulative total to 3,006. Read on...
The Town of Shrewsbury in conjunction with the Central MA Regional Public Health Alliance (CMRPHA) will be hosting a COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic at National Night Out, Shrewsbury Town Hall, 100 Maple Avenue, August 3, 2021 5-7PM. Read on...
For more information and updates on COVID-19 in Massachusetts:
- Visit www.mass.gov/covid
- Sign up for text message alerts
- Send COVIDMA to 888-777
- Envíe COVIDMAESP al 888-777
- Email the Governor’s Office or call (617) 725-4005
- Massachusetts | To find health and human services available in your community, call Mass 211, call 2-1-1, or use live chat.
- Massachusetts | Visit Mass.gov COVID-19 Updates and Information to connect with resources related to:
- Unemployment insurance
- Food and economic assistance
- Business loans and support
- Childcare providers
- Renters and homeowners
- Mental health and well-being
- Rights related to COVID-19
- Resources for abuse and neglect
- Substance use help and prevention
- Homeless support
COVID-19 Test Locations
- Massachusetts | For more information about COVID-19 testing and to find a testing site near you, visit https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-testing
Applying for Health Insurance
- Massachusetts | To apply for or learn more about MassHealth insurance, contact MassHealth Customer Service at (800) 841-2900; TTY: (800) 497-4648; or visit https://www.mass.gov/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-and-masshealth.
Reporting Unsafe Work Conditions
- If you would like to report an unsafe working condition related to COVID-19, such as a lack of social distancing, personal protective equipment (PPE), hygiene protocols or cleaning and disinfection, please file a COVID-19-Related Workplace Health and Safety complaint with the the Department of Labor Standards. Your employer cannot retaliate against you for making a complaint about an unsafe working condition: https://covid-19c.dls.eol.mass.gov/covid19/Complaints/create
- If you feel sad, lonely, hopeless, or suicidal:
Mental Health & Substance Use
- Massachusetts | If you or a family member are experiencing a mental health or substance use disorder crisis, call Emergency Services Program/Mobile Crisis Intervention at 1 (877) 382-1609. or visit https://www.mass.gov/emergencycrisis-services.
- National | If you or someone you know is in need of mental health and/or substance use services, search for treatment facilities using the Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ or call the National Helpline at 1 (800) 662-4357.
Substance Use and Tobacco Use
- Massachusetts | To access resources and support for people who maybe be using substances, for people in recovery, or for their loved ones, call the Massachusetts Substance Use Helpline at 1 (800) 327-5050 or visit https://helplinema.org/covid-19-resources-for-ma/.
- Massachusetts | To access resources and support for people who are using tobacco and who want to quit or stay quit, or for their loved ones, call the Massachusetts Smokers' Helpline at 1 (800) 784-8669 or visit http://www.makesmokinghistory.org or http://www.mass.gov/quitvaping.
Sexual and/or Domestic Violence
- Massachusetts | If you or someone you know needs information, support or assistance because of unwanted sexual experiences or because of violence or abuse in a romantic or sexual relationship: Call SafeLink at (877) 785-2020 or access SafeLink live chat. For deaf and hard-of-hearing call (877) 785-2020, or by TTY at (877) 521-2601.
- National | Call Domestic Violence 24/7 Hotline at 800-799-7233 or visit https://www.thehotline.org/help for the online chat option.
- National | Call Sexual Assault 24/7 Crisis Hotline at (800) 656-4673 or visit www.rainn.org for the online chat option.
- Massachusetts | If you are concerned about how you are treating people in your life, including the person you are dating/seeing, we invite you to reach out to talk to someone about how to navigate your current and past relationships. Call 2-1-1 or visit: https://mass211.org/resources/resources-for-being-a-safe-dating-relationship-partner/ for resources in your area.
- National | For confidential support, guidance, or more information about addressing sexually worrisome behavior in yourself or someone you care about, contact Stop It NOW Helpline through chat, email or a phone at 1-888-773-8368 or http://www.stopitnow.org/help-guidance.
- Massachusetts | To file a complaint about discrimination occurring in the workplace, housing, public places, access to education, lending, or credit, call the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination at (617) 994-6000; TTY (617) 994-6196; (617) 994-6071 (Español, 中文, Kreyòl Ayisyen, русский, Português, etc.) or visit https://www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-commission-against-discrimination.
- Massachusetts | To talk to someone about parental stress or connect with local parenting resources in your area, call the 24/7 Parental Stress Line: 1 (800) 632-8188.
Older Adult Services
- Massachusetts | To access services or for information about aging-related issues, visit https://www.mass.gov/orgs/executive-office-of-elder-affairs. To connect to a local elder service agency, call (800) 243-4636.
- Massachusetts | To report child abuse or neglect: contact the MA Department of Children and Families (DCF) Office; for instructions on reporting, visit: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/report-child-abuse-or-neglect.
- Massachusetts | To report abuse of a person age 60 or older who lives in the community: Call the MA Executive Office of Elder Affairs at (800) 922-2275 or visit https://www.mass.gov/how-to/report-elder-abuse.
- Massachusetts | To report abuse of a person with a disability who is aged 18 to 59: call the MA Disabled Persons Protection Commission at (800) 426-9009, TTY: (888) 822-0350.
- Massachusetts | To report abuse of a person by nursing home or hospital: call the MA Department of Public Health at (800) 462-5540.