Date of Record: 10-05-21 - The Shrewsbury Board of Health voted to approve three Executive Orders related to COVID-19 that will take effect on Tuesday, October 12, 2021. These orders will remain in effect until further notice. Read on...
Date of Record: October 14, 2021 - Dean Park Pond in Shrewsbury is under an advisory until further notice due to high bacterial levels caused by a Cyanobacteria Bloom (also known as blue-green algae). Read on...
Forty-seven (47) Additional Positive Cases of COVID-19 have been reported in the Town of Shrewsbury since October 8, 2021 bringing the cumulative total to 3,472. Read on...
Date of Record:10-05-21:
On October 5, 2021, the Shrewsbury Board of Health voted to adopt 3 Executive Orders that will go into effective on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 until further notice:
- To report positive COVID-19 cases in the workplace in the Town of Shrewsbury.
- To require face coverings in all public, private and parochial schools in the Town of Shrewsbury.
- To require face coverings in all indoor private common spaces in the workplace and indoor private spaces open to the public in the Town of Shrewsbury.
If you are a Shrewsbury business owner and are in need of signage to post on your establishment's doors, please download HERE.
Date of Record 09-15-21: NEW! How to request a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record (please click HERE to learn how!)
The MA Department of Public Health (MDPH) has updated their website to now include instructions on how to request a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination record. Specific telephone numbers are included in that link and is dependent upon where you were vaccinated.
For more information and updates on COVID-19 in Massachusetts:
- Visit www.mass.gov/covid
- Sign up for text message alerts
- Send COVIDMA to 888-777
- Envíe COVIDMAESP al 888-777
- Email the Governor’s Office or call (617) 725-4005
- Massachusetts | To find health and human services available in your community, call Mass 211, call 2-1-1, or use live chat.
- Massachusetts | Visit Mass.gov COVID-19 Updates and Information to connect with resources related to:
- Unemployment insurance
- Food and economic assistance
- Business loans and support
- Childcare providers
- Renters and homeowners
- Mental health and well-being
- Rights related to COVID-19
- Resources for abuse and neglect
- Substance use help and prevention
- Homeless support
COVID-19 Test Locations
- Massachusetts | For more information about COVID-19 testing and to find a testing site near you, visit https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-testing
Applying for Health Insurance
- Massachusetts | To apply for or learn more about MassHealth insurance, contact MassHealth Customer Service at (800) 841-2900; TTY: (800) 497-4648; or visit https://www.mass.gov/coronavirus-disease-covid-19-and-masshealth.
Reporting Unsafe Work Conditions
- If you would like to report an unsafe working condition related to COVID-19, such as a lack of social distancing, personal protective equipment (PPE), hygiene protocols or cleaning and disinfection, please file a COVID-19-Related Workplace Health and Safety complaint with the the Department of Labor Standards. Your employer cannot retaliate against you for making a complaint about an unsafe working condition: https://covid-19c.dls.eol.mass.gov/covid19/Complaints/create
- If you feel sad, lonely, hopeless, or suicidal:
Mental Health & Substance Use
- Massachusetts | If you or a family member are experiencing a mental health or substance use disorder crisis, call Emergency Services Program/Mobile Crisis Intervention at 1 (877) 382-1609. or visit https://www.mass.gov/emergencycrisis-services.
- National | If you or someone you know is in need of mental health and/or substance use services, search for treatment facilities using the Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator: https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/ or call the National Helpline at 1 (800) 662-4357.
Substance Use and Tobacco Use
- Massachusetts | To access resources and support for people who maybe be using substances, for people in recovery, or for their loved ones, call the Massachusetts Substance Use Helpline at 1 (800) 327-5050 or visit https://helplinema.org/covid-19-resources-for-ma/.
- Massachusetts | To access resources and support for people who are using tobacco and who want to quit or stay quit, or for their loved ones, call the Massachusetts Smokers' Helpline at 1 (800) 784-8669 or visit http://www.makesmokinghistory.org or http://www.mass.gov/quitvaping.
Sexual and/or Domestic Violence
- Massachusetts | If you or someone you know needs information, support or assistance because of unwanted sexual experiences or because of violence or abuse in a romantic or sexual relationship: Call SafeLink at (877) 785-2020 or access SafeLink live chat. For deaf and hard-of-hearing call (877) 785-2020, or by TTY at (877) 521-2601.
- National | Call Domestic Violence 24/7 Hotline at 800-799-7233 or visit https://www.thehotline.org/help for the online chat option.
- National | Call Sexual Assault 24/7 Crisis Hotline at (800) 656-4673 or visit www.rainn.org for the online chat option.
- Massachusetts | If you are concerned about how you are treating people in your life, including the person you are dating/seeing, we invite you to reach out to talk to someone about how to navigate your current and past relationships. Call 2-1-1 or visit: https://mass211.org/resources/resources-for-being-a-safe-dating-relationship-partner/ for resources in your area.
- National | For confidential support, guidance, or more information about addressing sexually worrisome behavior in yourself or someone you care about, contact Stop It NOW Helpline through chat, email or a phone at 1-888-773-8368 or http://www.stopitnow.org/help-guidance.
- Massachusetts | To file a complaint about discrimination occurring in the workplace, housing, public places, access to education, lending, or credit, call the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination at (617) 994-6000; TTY (617) 994-6196; (617) 994-6071 (Español, 中文, Kreyòl Ayisyen, русский, Português, etc.) or visit https://www.mass.gov/orgs/massachusetts-commission-against-discrimination.
- Massachusetts | To talk to someone about parental stress or connect with local parenting resources in your area, call the 24/7 Parental Stress Line: 1 (800) 632-8188.
Older Adult Services
- Massachusetts | To access services or for information about aging-related issues, visit https://www.mass.gov/orgs/executive-office-of-elder-affairs. To connect to a local elder service agency, call (800) 243-4636.
- Massachusetts | To report child abuse or neglect: contact the MA Department of Children and Families (DCF) Office; for instructions on reporting, visit: https://www.mass.gov/how-to/report-child-abuse-or-neglect.
- Massachusetts | To report abuse of a person age 60 or older who lives in the community: Call the MA Executive Office of Elder Affairs at (800) 922-2275 or visit https://www.mass.gov/how-to/report-elder-abuse.
- Massachusetts | To report abuse of a person with a disability who is aged 18 to 59: call the MA Disabled Persons Protection Commission at (800) 426-9009, TTY: (888) 822-0350.
- Massachusetts | To report abuse of a person by nursing home or hospital: call the MA Department of Public Health at (800) 462-5540.