In September of 2011, The Town of Shrewsbury's Building Department migrated from a paper application process to an online permitting system. Click the "Online Permitting System" link to access any of the following Building permit applications: Residential, Commercial, Sheet Metal, Plumbing, and Gas: ONLINE PERMITTING SYSTEM
REQUIRED FORMS FOR ALL BUILDING PERMIT APPLICATIONS*
1. Register or Log on with your established username and password (remember, they are case sensitive).
2. Complete the Online Application. Jot down your APPLICATION ID.
3. Upload all of the documents that are associated with your scope of work to include building plans (if your scope of work requires it).
4. Mail or submit in-person to the Building Department/Inspector's Office the following: a full size printed set of scalable building plans with the Job site address clearly marked on it (if building plans are applicable to your scope of work). These plans will eventually be attached to the permit card and kept on-site.
PAYMENT METHODS: * Cash
* Check made payable to: Town of Shrewsbury
* Online payment: Log into the system with your username and password. Click on the number of the permit you'd like to pay.
CHECKING THE STATUS OF A PERMIT APPLICATION Applicants have the ability to view the status of their permit application anytime by logging back into the permitting system with their established Username and Password (remember, they are case sensitive). Any outstanding items, notes, and departmental approvals would be visible in the Process Screen.
PERMIT ISSUANCE Once a permit has been approved and issued, the online permitting system will send out a notification to the applicant's registered email address. It will state that it's ready for pick-up at the Building Inspector's office.
The Dashboard page of the online permitting system will display a PERMIT NUMBER upon issuance (e.g., R-16-xxxxx, C-16-xxxxx, etc.).
Work can commence once the permit card has been issued. Please be sure to post the permit card so that it is visible and accessible to the Building Inspector.