Board of Health
Agendas & Minutes
Stamped Board of Health Agendas are available forty eight (48) hours prior to the meeting and are available in the Board of Health office upon request.
Board of Health Meeting Minutes are available following Board of Health approval and then are posted under the View All Agendas and Minutes link below.
View Most Recent Agenda (PDF) | View All Agendas and Minutes
- Dr. George Abraham - Term Expires June 30, 2022
- Stephen A. Vigeant - Term Expires June 30, 2023
- Jennie Fishman, MPH - Term Expires June 30, 2024
The mission of the Shrewsbury Board of Health is to promote general health of the community, the wellness in the individual, and to inspire conditions by which people can remain healthy. We offer educational resources and promulgate and enforce local, state and national regulations as required by law. We promote sanitary living conditions for all our residents and strive to protect the environment from harm and pollution.
The Health Department is run by the Board of Health whose primary concerns are activities related to health and the environment:
- Food service sanitation
- Mercury: thermometers and thermostats
- Operation of the ash residue landfill
- Sewage disposal
- Smoking and exposure to Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS)
Date of Record: 10-05-21 - The Shrewsbury Board of Health voted to approve three Executive Orders related to COVID-19 that will take effect on Tuesday, October 12, 2021. These orders will remain in effect until further notice. Read on...
Date of Record: October 14, 2021 - Dean Park Pond in Shrewsbury is under an advisory until further notice due to high bacterial levels caused by a Cyanobacteria Bloom (also known as blue-green algae). Read on...
Date of Record: 09-24-21 - The Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) announced authorizations for Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine booster doses. Read on...
- Requiring Face Coverings in All public, private and parochial schools in the Town of Shrewsbury 10-12-21
- Requiring Employers to Report positive COVID-19 cases in the workplace in the Town of Shrewsbury - Effective 10-12-21
- Shrewsbury Board of Health Face Coverings in all indoor private common spaces Effective 10-12-21
- Shrewsbury BOH - Face Covering Order Signage - Effective 10-12-21 (PDF)