Proposition 2 1/2
Proposition 2 1/2 is the title given to an initiative petition adopted by the voters of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in 1980.
Its primary features relate to the total amount of property taxes a city or town can raise each year. Other parts of the initiative:
- Allowed renters a deduction on their state income tax
- Limit state agency assessments on cities and towns
- Prohibit unfunded state mandates
- Reduced the motor vehicle excise tax rate
- Repealed binding arbitration for certain public employees