Visit https://www.shrewsburyma.gov/1245/Route-20-Corridor-Improvement-Project for up to date information on the Massachusetts Department of Transportation's Route 20 Corridor Improvement Project occurring in Town! Keep reading for more information! Read on...
The Town is excited to announce another improvement to our online presence, the ShrewsburyMA mobile app! Keep reading for more information and an update on the website refresh! Read on...
About the Office of the Town Manager
The Town Manager acts as the Town's Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officer responsible for the overall operation of the community under the provisions of Chapter 559 of the Acts of 1953, which is better known as the Selectmen-Town Manager Act.
All Municipal Departments report to the Town Manager. Since 1953 there have been 4 Town Managers that have served this community:
- Kevin J. Mizikar (2017-Present)
- Daniel J. Morgado (1997-2017)
- Richard D. Carney (1957-1997)
- Allen L. Wilcox (1953-1957)
The Town Manager is directly responsible to the 5-person Board of Selectmen who oversee the work of the Manager. Annually, the Town Manager files with the citizens their Annual Report.
Citizens are encouraged to address questions, suggestions or comments directly to the Office of the Town Manager. The Office of the Town Manager employs:
- Administrative Assistant
- Principal Department Assistant
- Assistant to the Town Manager - Business Systems Analyst
- Assistant to the Town Manager - Management Analyst
- Assistant Town Manager - Finance & Administration
- Assistant Town Manager - Community Development & Human Services
- Town Manager