The Select Board adopted the Town’s first Strategic Plan in January 2023 which was based upon significant community input which is available here. The Select Board further prioritized strategies at the outset of the fiscal year 2024 budget development process.
This allowed the Manager and other Town Departments to align their goals with the goals of the select Board. The Manager's Goals can be read in full in the Town Manager Fiscal Year 2024 Goals Document.
Check out the latest From the Desk of the Select Board Update from the Board's November 14, 2023 meeting! Subscribe to the Town News and Updates News Flashes to get the latest information! Keep Reading for More Information!
Sat Dec. 9
Mon Dec. 11
About the Office of the Town Manager
The Town Manager acts as the Town's Chief Administrative and Fiscal Officer responsible for the overall operation of the community under the provisions of Chapter 559 of the Acts of 1953, which is better known as the Selectmen-Town Manager Act.
All Municipal Departments report to the Town Manager. Since 1953 there have been 4 Town Managers that have served this community:
- Kevin J. Mizikar (2017-Present)
- Daniel J. Morgado (1997-2017)
- Richard D. Carney (1957-1997)
- Allen L. Wilcox (1953-1957)
The Town Manager is directly responsible to the 5-person Board of Selectmen who oversee the work of the Manager. Annually, the Town Manager files with the citizens their Annual Report.
Citizens are encouraged to address questions, suggestions or comments directly to the Office of the Town Manager. The Office of the Town Manager employs:
- Administrative Assistant
- Principal Department Assistant
- Assistant to the Town Manager - Business Systems Analyst
- Assistant to the Town Manager - Management Analyst
- Assistant Town Manager - Finance & Administration
- Assistant Town Manager - Community Development & Human Services
- Town Manager