1-7 Maple Avenue
Current Information and Updates
- The 1-7 Maple Avenue project will be before the Planning Board on Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 7:00 PM.
- Civico/Greenly gave a presentation to the Select Board on Tuesday, November 1, 2022 at 7:00 PM. The presentation can be viewed here and the recording of the meeting can be found here.
- Planning Board Topic Timeline:
- January 5th - Site Review (Graves Engineering) & Fiscal Impacts to the Town
- January 19th (Special Planning Board Meeting) - Traffic Peer Review (MDM Transportation Consultants)
- February 2, 2023 - Continued Hearing (no presentation from Civico/Greenly)
- March 2, 2023 - Planning Board Meeting at Shrewsbury Highschool
Please contact the Planning and Economic Development Department with any questions related to the Planning Board process at (508) 841-8512 or via email at email@example.com.
Planning Board Application Materials
- Graves Engineering Peer Review Letter for 1-7 Maple Ave. (Dated Nov. 30, 2022)
- 1-7 Maple Ave. Planning Department Comment Letter (Dated, Nov. 23, 2022)
- Peer Review of Traffic Impact Study Dec. 14 2022
- Beal Commons Presentation (December 1, 2022)
- 1_7_Maple_Ave Quantum of Vote Explanation (January 2023)
- Beal Commons Parking Generation Memo (McMahon) 2023-01-05
The Beal Reuse Committee was established in 2017 to undertake a comprehensive analysis of potential reuses for the Beal Early Childhood Center property. The analysis was to include future public uses as well as the potential benefits of disposing of the property located at 1 Maple Avenue. Through a series of public hearings, surveys, and public forums, the Committee formed recommendations and presented them to the Select Board in July of 2019. From here a grant was obtained to create a Request for Proposals for the property and in September of 2020 the RFP was issued. Prior to this the Town Center District was created through Annual Town Meeting in May 2020. In 2021, the Beal RFP Selection Committee provided recommendations on the RFP to the Select Board and they engaged with Landwise in assistance with the negotiation of the sale of the property. A public hearing was held in December 2021 and after reviewing the feedback, on January 25, 2022, the Select Board voted to authorize the Town Manager to negotiate a Land Disposition Agreement with Civico/Greenly for 1 through 7 Maple Avenue, the former Beal School. On March 8, 2022, the Select Board unanimously voted to enter into and sign an agreement with Civico/Greenly Development for the disposition of 1-7 Maple Avenue.
Presently, Civico/Greenly has filed with the Planning Board to replace the current building and redevelop the site into a mixed-use building containing 55 apartments and approximately 8,000 SF of retail space with 146 parking spaces. The application will be before the Planning Board on December 1, 2022.