The Town Clerks Office currently has two Notary Publics to conduct notary services. Please call the office at 508-841-8507 to determine if a notary will be available to fulfill your request.
- Notary services are available during normal business hours (M-F 8:00 am to 4:30 pm)
- A valid, government issued photo identification is required by any customer seeking notary service
- The document(s) cannot already have been signed or dated prior to notarization. The notary must witness the customers signature.
- All signers must be present at the time of notarizing
- If your document requires a witness(s), it would be helpful to have them accompany you
- The notary is stating that they have witnessed the document being signed and is not responsible for reviewing the content of the document
- The document must contain the appropriate Notarial Statement or Clause, or one will be stamped on the document by the Notary
- Documents in any language other than English may not be able to be notarized
- Notary Service is not available for deeds, mortgages, wills, not prepared by a licensed attorney
- Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of this are birth, marriage and death certificates
- Massachusetts law requires that a Notary and the person seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other
- in accordance with Massachusetts Notarial Law, Notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances of the request for Notary Service raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty. In this event, the Notary may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Services.
Questions? Contact the Town Clerks Office at 508-841-8507 or email@example.com .